Full Job Description
Company Barloworld Logistics Africa
Contract Type Permanent
Salary Market Related
Location Gauteng, South Africa
The purpose of this role would be to manage the Barloworld Automotive and Logistics Bursary Scheme as part of the requirements for the Skills Development Section of the BBBEE scorecard. This role will recruit, liaise and maintain the bursary programme from inception to completion within the boundaries of South Africa.
Job Functions Human Resources
Distribution, Warehousing & Freight,Freight / Shipping / Transport / Import / Export,Human Resources,Logistics,Supply Chain
- 1.Sourcing and Selection of Prospective Bursars
- Drawing up a suitable bursary application form and other promotional material and arrange with the various institutions to have these distributed to eligible students.
- Publishing the application form available on the various websites for downloading.
- Screening all applications received according to the company’s selection criteria and identify suitable applicants for preliminary interviews.
- Conducting preliminary interviews.
- Shortlisting candidates.
- Arranging final selection interviews and assessments (where required) with the Company.
- Arranging for candidates to attend these interviews and assessments and participate in the final interviews if required to do so.
- Notifying all candidates of the outcome of their applications.
- 2.Student Liaison and Development
- Assistance in providing financial guarantees to tertiary institutions enabling bursars to register timeously and without payment.
- Obtaining and checking all registration details prior to the payment of fees and allowances.
- Arranging one-on-one progress discussion visits to all the Bursars at their respective campuses at least twice a year. These arrangements include:-
oArrangement of suitable dates, time, and venues.
- oArranging for representative/s from the Company to participate in these visits if required.
- oContacting and notifying all the Bursars of the visits and ensuring that they attend all the scheduled progress discussion interviews.
- oProviding the Company with a detailed CV of each Bursar prior to the visits and a progress report on conclusion of the visits.
- Maintaining regular contact with all the Bursars by e-mail, sms, phone to address problems when these arise and avoid these interfering with their studies.
- Advising bursars experiencing difficulties regarding possible courses of action incl. arranging extra tutorials with senior students where necessary.
- Referring students who are experiencing personal or career/study programme problems to the specialised counselling units available at all campuses.
- Monitoring and following up with any bursars experiencing problems.
- Collecting all results at mid-year as well as at the end of the academic year directly from the institutions and interpret each bursar’s results to understand their status.
- Making recommendations to the Company in terms of whether the bursary should be continued, suspended or withdrawn.
- Informing all bursars of the final decisions.
- Communicating all practical training details to bursars. 3.Bursary Administration
- Paying cash allowances to bursars as agreed by the Company;
- Processing and paying university fee accounts and other approved disbursements;
- Maintaining a customised student database and electronic filing system for all bursar records.
- Diploma or Degree in Human Resource Management / Learning & Development
- 5 – 7 years working experience in an Human Capital or Learning and Development environment
- Drivers licence and own vehicle
- Required to travel to institutions where students are based
- Understanding of Legislation around BBBEE
- Knowledge of Basic Labour Legislation
- Excellent communication skills
- Numerical skills
- Networking skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Focus on getting things done
- Commitment to behaving ethically and correctly
- Orientation to growing and nurturing relationships
- Commitment to maintaining business knowledge
- Concern for working within parameters and deadlines
- Strong customer centricity
- Preference for thinking practically
- Focus on convincing and persuading
- Preference for team working