Jacaranda FM & Voice of Wits has a highly exciting opportunity available!
We are searching for two Interns to join our vibrant and dynamic team.
It is a 12-month internship program based at our Midrand offices in Gauteng, effective January 2020 to December 2020.
- At Jacaranda FM, interns will:
- You will share your time between Jacaranda FM and VoW 88.1 over the course of the internship. For the duration of the internship, a basic stipend will be paid. The successful applicants will also participate in training at the Wits Radio Academy.
- Be introduced to programming, marketing & IT & Technical.
- Assist in the various areas, thereby learning the practical skills involved.
- At VOW FM, interns will:
- Be actively involved in the day to day operations of Voice of Wits specifically production, programming and management.
- Assist in all departments at Voice of Wits, to gain exposure to all areas of the radio environment.
- A bachelor’s degree/diploma or relevant qualification.
- Computer literate, with skills in word processing, presentation and spreadsheets.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong initiative and drive.
- Driver’s License is preferable.
- Knowledge of current affairs and good general knowledge.
- Some experience in radio (production/programming/marketing) will be an advantage.
- The Jacaranda Radio Internship requires a good command of Afrikaans and English.