Full Job Description
AVBOB Mutual Assurance Society
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
AVBOB, Africa’s largest mutual assurance society providing a one-stop funeral insurance and burial solution, has a vacancy for: Receptionist (Temp) (B5)
- The above-mentioned position is within the Services Administration Department.
- RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assist walk-in clients, assess their needs and refer them to the correct department
- Complete the visitor register and issue visitors card.
- Ensure that no unauthorised person enter the building through the main entrance.
- Administer and manage after-hours access.
- Handle all parking enquiries for visitors.
- Handle all telephonic enquiries in a professional manner.
- Facilitate the booking of pool vehicles.
- Receiving post from clients, branches and personal post for personnel and dispatching to
correct department or employee.
- QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
- Grade 12
- EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
- – 2 – 3 Years receptionist experience.
- SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
- Proven working experience in similar roles.
- Professional appearance.
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise.
- Ability to organize, multitask, prioritise and work under pressure.
- The ability to work the telecommunication systems (telephones, fax machines, switchboards
- TECHNICAL AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES :
- The willingness to go the extra mile even at busy times.
- The ability to work under own initiative.
- The ability to deal calmly with difficult customers or visitors.
- Efficiency and excellent organizational skills.
- Reception Area Maintenance
– Ensure that the reception area is clean at all times and report any damages
- Good communication skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Analytical Skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, EXCEL and PowerPoint.
- Good interpersonal skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Accurate, figure orientated.