Our client in Midrand is looking for a MSS Engineer with the following skills and experience;
The primary role of the MSS engineer within the Services division is for the technical and operational delivery of a specific Statement of Work as contracted with the client, by being on site to provide such services. Additionally, the MSS Engineer needs to deliver a high level of quality customer service and be a support and escalation channel into the company for the client.
- Grade 12.
- Information Security diploma or degree advantageous.
- A+, S+, N+.
- CASP, CISCO, CCNA advantageous.
- 5+ years’ work experience in the information security industry.
- 2 – 3 years’ proven experience in McAfee ePO.
Key Performance Areas:
PROVIDE CONSISTENT QUALITY CUSTOMER SERVICE:
- Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions and attention, while developing / maintaining productive customer relationships.
- Seeks to understand customer environment to ensure realistic and effective recommendations and/or solutions.
- Seeks to understand customer circumstances, problems, expectations and needs, while resolving problems quickly.
- Meeting customer expectations / deliverables in line with SOW.
- Number of complaints / compliments from customers.
MAINTAIN QUALITY SERVICE DELIVERY.
- Complies with the Company and Customer standards, policies and procedures, including change control etc.
- Ensure quality standards are met in all documentation submitted by initiating and performing peer reviews.
- Provides support to team when team members are travelling or on leave.
- Where applicable, provides standby support by being available on a 24/7 basis as per standby schedule.
- Number of deviations from the company processes / policies / procedures.
- Monthly reports / updates (Accuracy and deadlines met).
- Number of instances where not available/ unreachable during standby.
- Feedback from team / colleagues received from Peer Reviews.
- Obtain relevant Vendor Certifications aligned to immediate/assigned job requirements and Personal Development Plan (PDP).
- Certifications are current.
- Training and upskilling takes place as indicated in PDP.
DELIVER ACCORDING TO STATEMENT OF WORK.
McAfee Endpoint Solution:
The primary responsibilities of the onsite McAfee Endpoint engineer will be to assist client in effectively managing and supporting their McAfee Endpoint infrastructure. The engineer will assume a key role in providing on-going expertise for client’s tactical and strategic AntiVirus and Endpoint protection related initiatives, supported by the Supplier, which shall include:
- Ensuring that the McAfee antivirus is configured and maintained according to best practice;
- Signature distribution automation (Must include a process for devices that cannot be updated as part of the automated deployment);
- Latest signatures distribution;
- Ensure that replication is performed to all repositories and that bandwidth constraints are reported and dealt with;
- Establish a relationship with McAfee to ensure that issues are dealt with or escalated appropriately in order to continue to protect MCE;
- Ensure that client’s exposure to malware is identified, mitigated and reported in a rational manner;
- Ensure that virus threats that cannot be resolved by McAfee antivirus are escalated timeously to the relevant stakeholders within the MCE; (JP does this)
- Ensure that when users sign in via the RAS facility, their virus signature files are automatically updated;
- Enable a facility where new software, portable media and information in electronic format from external sources, shall be scanned for malicious program code, before introduction into the client network;
- Ensure that associated processes and procedures are in line with best practice and is reviewed and updated within agreed timelines;
- Ensure that client’s processes and procedures are not bypassed (Such as Change Management);
- Ensure that evidence can be provided to auditors;
- Provide evidence that shows how the management of the antivirus solution has positive contribution to the security posture of the MCE;
- Ensure that trend analysis is performed and report to relevant stakeholders within client;
- Ensure that reports are provided on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, types and timelines of reports need to be discussed and agreed with client stakeholders.
- Provide in house developed metrics framework to continuously measure the effectiveness of the McAfee EPA environment.
- All preventative measures will be logged and record, preventative measure to be recorded through the following means: o Client Incident Management system;
- Minutes of corrective action meetings held;
- Mini-Project plans detailing corrective actions;
- Review and maintain relevant operational processes and procedures.
- McAfee Data Loss Prevention
- McAfee HIPS
- Management of all managed systems both workstations and servers via ePO
- Product deployment and upgrades via ePO.
- Logging USDs for Non-Compliant Systems
- Attending to calls assigned to AV Team such as Server De/Commissioning
- Presenting AV related Changes on CAB Meetings.
- Half yearly feedback from customer.
- Number of complaints / compliments from customer.
- Half yearly feedback from peers, product leads, project managers based on delivery.
Technical knowledge / competencies:
- Relevant and current Product certifications (Depending on the product supported).
- Proven skills and in-depth working knowledge of product to be supported.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Networking skills.
- Incident management.
- Communication and business writing skills.
- Technical documentation / report writing skills and experience.
- Proven understanding and awareness of current developments in the prevailing global Cyber Security environment.
- Team player and Team building (Creation of a cohesive division)
- Adopting and accepting the organisation’s professional standards
- Structured thinking
- Teachability – (Having a positive attitude and a willingness to learn)
- Individual thinking within the current role
- Collaboration – willingness and ability to collaborate with other Team Leaders / Supervisors
- Action oriented – production of desired outcomes within the required timeframes
- Work pro-actively – both independently and with peers
- Assertive and confident.
- Ability to handle conflict.
- Ability to plan and organise work tasks.
- Strong sense of accountability and responsibility.
- Assertive and confident.
Ref: PE008078/SiyaVacancy Type: Permanent