Position Purpose: –
- Direct and effectively manage the tendering and contract administration in order to ensure adherence to Transnet Procurement policy, thereby streamlining the procurement process. To participate in the contract administration process thereby ensuring commercially sound contract practice, consistency and cost efficiency. 4.2.2 Position Output: –
- Negotiate contracts conditions (Service level agreement)
- Complete relevant contract documentation
- Vet contracts and obtain sign off
- Conduct contract induction processes
- Load and maintain contracts on SAP
- Conduct monthly and quarterly SLA meetings and resolve disputes, non-compliance and implement mitigation
- Monitor contract conditions and ensure compliance in respect of extensions, changes to scope of work escalation clauses etc
- Conduct post contract evaluation and contract close out
- Prepare monthly reports for the Procurement Operations goods and services.
Tendering process administration:
- Compile detailed tender documentation in conjunction with request for advertising purposes and the sale of tender documents to prospective tenderers
- Analysis of tenders received and verification of details in order to establish compliance with tender requirements.
- Evaluation of tenders through the compilation of comparative schedules and recommend most suitable provider
- Preparation of accurate tender submissions for approval
- Vet tender documents and accept and reject tenders that are incomplete, Authorise sourcing specialist to communicate with the suppliers after tender has been sent out. Authorise post tender negotiations through the right DOA
Governance & Compliance:
- Participate by providing advice on tender evaluations in order to streamline process (minimize rejections from Regional Tender Committee & DBT).
- Presentation of submission at the Regional Tender Committee, in order to avoid misconceptions that lead to returns/delays at Regional Tender Committee.
- Liaise with a buying on frequencies of purchases, to provide advice on the best solution of procuring such goods/services which are repetitive and placing them on contract to achieve 80/20 principle.
- Conduct internal audits and test current systems and controls to ensure that the risks are mitigated and aligned to auditor general requirement
Qualifications and Experience
- relevant Bachelor’s degree or National Diploma (Supply Chain Management, Commercial or Logistics) is required.
- At least 3 years’ Supply Chain Management experience.
- Knowledge of contract management
- Knowledge of Transnet Tender Rules and instructions, black economic empowerment policy, standard conditions of various contracts
- A good understanding of the process for foreign payments, i.e. Price Adjustments and Escalation
- Purchasing Management
- Business planning principles
- Policies and procedures
- Operation Management
- Contract management procedures
- Strategic planning
- Project management procedures
- Knowledge of internal control environment
Interested candidates are invited to apply online
Subject Line- Commodity Specialist
Please note if your subject line will say anything else besides the requested, your application won’t be processed. All CV’s must be in word format