This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Operating Division : Transnet Pipelines
Position Title : Young Professional in Training
Employee Group : Trainee
Department : ICT
Location : Durban Central
Reporting To : Manager: IRSGC
Grade Level : YPT
Reference Number : 40001111
The YPT programme will run for 2 years in order to give young South African talent work exposure. This program will create
opportunities for young talented individuals to grow, connect nationwide.
- Transnet Pipelines offers opportunities for young professionals/graduates of Universities or Universities of Technology,
between 18 and 35 years on a Young Professional-In-Training programme within ICT Department
- This is a two year structured development programme aiming at providing workplace exposure to the young
professional/graduates to gain work experience
- There is an assessment after every six months until the end of the programme
Qualifications & Experience:
Basic position requirements
- National Senior Certificate,
- Degree in information technology,
- Preference will be given for additional IT training obtained
- Ability to learn