Minimum 3 year HR Diploma or the equivalent
Minimum 5 years recruitment experience in the Africa mining industry recruiting semi-skilled level to senior management roles.
Willing to Travel in africa when required.
French language will be an added advantage.
Recruitment & Selection
- Follow the full recruitment process, ensure that all parties involved are aware of the process, and follow the same.
- Make that all the required paperwork is correct, approved before recruitment takes place, and before a placement take places.
- Identify recruitment needs that the line management is looking for. Assist with formulating job descriptions where necessary and create adverts to go on to the company career site and other sites required by the company.
- Ensure that all roles are advertised correctly in each applicable country.
- Ensure that extra effort is made to find local candidates.
- Screen Cvs and perform initial screening on shortlisted candidates before presenting to management. Also, check if previously employed by an Ivanhoe Company or contractor.
- Arrange and attend interviews.
- Do background checks
- Obtain police clearances
- Keep records in terms of applicants, source (where applicant heard about vacancy), applicant scores and preferred candidates.
- Schedule Psychometric test depending on the requirements
- Communicate the outcome to successful and unsuccessful candidates.
- Assist with requests to appoint specific individuals.
- Prepare offer letter and get the letters signed by the company and candidate
- Ensure new incumbents complete engagement pack.
- Arrange induction for all new employees
- Maintain a recruitment register and keep all parties updated on the process of filing of positions.
Assist with ad hoc HR administration as and when required.