You put safety first. That’s why we want you.
Safe. Smart. Sustainable. Probably not the first words you typically associate with mining. But Anglo American is not your typical mining company.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives”, delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible – from mobile phones to medicines.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
The purpose of the Marketing BU is to sustainably maximise cash flows from the marketing of Anglo American products and services. In support of this, we have set ourselves an ambition to deliver a considerable uplift in in EBIT by 2021.
The ISOP team provides a structured framework for planning, scheduling and execution from mine to market across the focus areas of Strategic Planning, Tactical Planning and Operational Planning. ISOP integrates and reconciles production, logistics, operational and demand plans to ensure maximum value for the Coal business.
The Coordinator – Rail and Port Operations role primarily ensures the adherence of the Transnet Freight Rail and Richards Bay Coal Terminal contractual terms.
- Prefer relevant tertiary level qualification in Logistics and Operations Diploma/ Degree
- Thorough knowledge of TFR and RBCT contracting – Essential
- Some travel to business operations
- Support the development of the short, medium term and business plan with a focus on infrastructure requirements and value driven planning methodologies
- TFR contract administration to mitigate any Take or Pay exposure that the AOL mines and third-party coal sidings could incur by aligning the performance to the SLA measurements of:
- Ingo mass reconciliation,
- Minimising of the over and underloading penalties,
- Management of train deviations. This includes cancellations and declined capacity
- Third Party scheduling, reporting and reconciliation of the tonnages dispatched from the sidings to the port
- Manage the Take or Pay exposure for Third Party sidings by ensuring that contractual throughput utilisation is realised
- Collate information according to the inventory policy to produce the daily Stock Reports
- Knowledge and ability to complete Laytime calculations
- Execution of daily rail and shipping schedule with port and rail service providers
- Assist the Manager ISOP Operations in the coordination of all train scheduling
- Scheduling, execution of the daily rail and shipping schedule for AOL equity and the Third-Party Coal business
- Monitoring and reporting of daily/ weekly/ monthly/ quarterly and annual rail performance
- Track and trace rail schedule for AOL equity and Third-Party Coal business
- Transnet Contract operational compliance management
- Manage all AOL port stockpiles, including quality, tonnages, reconciliations, contamination, and blending
- Manage all Third-Party port stockpiles, including quality, tonnages, reconciliations, contamination, and blending
Commodity Quality Management
- Develop Thermal Coal quality forecasts for all vessels prior to loading and ensure customer contract specifications are met.
- Develop, optimise and execute vessel loading which meet customer contract specifications and maximise value in use of each primary product (by train or ship)
- Provide site assistance to the Specialist Tactical Planning and to the Manager ISOP Operations during the weekly schedule and month end process
- Collect and analyse in-port and rail intelligence on competitors and shipments, thereafter provide advisory services to the marketing and / or trading teams through the Integrated Planning process on market intelligence and identified market trends
- Liaise with rail and port service providers to manage rail and port operations to maximize value.
- Provide advice to mine sites and other Integrated Planning team members where appropriate to mitigate risks and realise opportunities
- Provide advice to Third-Party Coal business where appropriate to mitigate risks and realise opportunities
- Liaise with Third Party sidings service provider to manage rail in accordance with the TFR SLA
Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for all vacant positions.