General Worker (Environmental and Medical Waste)
Institution: Tygerberg Hospital, Parow Valley
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic numeracy and literacy.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Willingness to work weekends and public holidays.
- Ability to handle heavy objects or boxes.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Collect waste or medical waste from the different wards or theatres, any other area as well as the external pick up points.
- Effectively operate equipment to perform cleaning functions.
- Provide effective support to the Principal General Foreman with regards to the cleaning of the institution.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post. Successful candidates may undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.
Shortlisted candidates may be subjected to a competency test.Kindly indicate your preference of institution on your Z83. A separate application has to be submitted if you apply for more than one institution. If a Z83 is received with more than one preference, only the first preference will be considered.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. (Tygerburg, psvc 1/2020)